|Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan|
Look, if Quantum Physics has it right, there are alternate universes where decisions we think we didn't make actually happen. So aside from my living in Scotland with my own hair salon, or being a music video producer in New York City, there is a me out there living in a world where time travel is normal. So here's my plan. I am going to get a message to that time traveler to get a message to that 20 year old, courageous, frightened, cocky, insecure, fashionista who thinks she knows it all and yet doesn't believe in herself.
So I have a few things to impart in the hopes that she will on some level hear it and maybe, just maybe, create another alternate universe where freedom of the spirit reigns:
1. It's okay to love Madonna.
2. Quit smoking.
3. You have the talent and creativity to be successful.
4. Whatever decision you make about school, career, relationships, is NOT going to be permanent.
5. Keep the record player.
6. Don't rescue anyone- get out of the way of their destiny.
7. "Starving Artist" is someone else's limitation.
8. You are a warm hourglass of perfection and your body is for your pleasure first.
9. Pay Attention to your instincts.
10. Be patient, be kind with the challenging people around you.
11. Life is a mirror of what you think.
12. Do Yoga.
13. NEVER stop dancing.
14. Take some real serious sewing classes.
15. Love is a givefffft.
16. Be a dreamer AND a dream come true maker.